Guest post from Ryan A, Chief Administrative Officer
Read Ephesians 2:1-8
Let's look at an example of Jesus in the New Testament and of Joseph in the Old Testament as we evaluate the highs and lows.
Take some time to reflect and pray on the following thoughts:
- Is God preparing us for something even bigger, or a move in a new direction in this valley?
- Are we being brought low so we recognize our need for Him so he can bring us to new heights?
- Will he walk us through wilderness to show his power by providing manna for today, splitting the seas in front of us, being a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night?
- God does heart work on us in the down or sideways.
- He teaches us that our confidence isn’t in me or us, but in Him.
- He may bring us to the point that all we have is him, before he brings us up.
- Maybe we were not as ready as we thought we were for what he has for us.
- His ways are higher than ours, and he wants revival in 2020. He is bringing us down to prepare us to save many, just like he did with Joseph for 13 years.
- Down in the valley is where the work is done. Let’s get to work by praying to God for forgiveness, for inspiration, for courage, and total dependence on Him.