Effective Date: February 7, 2023
Please note that Pizza Ranch franchisees are independent entities, and their processing of information is subject to their own privacy policies. For information on how a specific Pizza Ranch franchisee processes your information, please direct your request to that franchisee.
2. Your Consent
3. Our Relationship to Other Websites
4. What Information Do We Collect?
We may obtain information about you from other companies and organizations, such as from vendors that may perform certain operations on our behalf or from our franchisees. We may combine such information with information we have collected or may collect about you. We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media. We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by other sources or the data practices of other sources.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Where the account registration feature is available, your contact information to create a Pizza Ranch account, such as your first name, last name, and email address, and also your profile username and password to enter the password-protected portion of the Sites;
- Where the Ranch Rewards loyalty program is available, your contact information to create a Ranch Rewards account, such as your first name, last name, birthdate, email address, phone number, favorite Pizza Ranch location, household size and other demographic information and contact information;
- Where the FunZone Rewards program is available, your contact information to join the program, such as your first name, last name, birthdate, email address, phone number, and other demographic information and contact information;
- Various account information to allow you to update credit card, bank account, other payment information, or any other information regarding your profile;
- Your name, address, geographic location, and credit card or other payment information to process online orders and your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Your contact information to register to receive our emails and other company related updates, promotions, and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, birthday, and email address;
- Your contact information to request information regarding the reservation or use of our facilities or services or to request fundraising support;
- For potential franchisees, your contact and financial information, such as your first name, last name, email address, physical address, general financial information, such as liquidity and assets, and other information relevant to your qualifications for a Pizza Ranch franchise;
- For potential franchisees, your preferences for location and details regarding your interest in applying for a Pizza Ranch franchise;
- For job applicants, your name, address, phone number and email address, education and work history, and other information relevant to your qualifications for employment with Pizza Ranch;
- Any information you voluntarily provide when sending us a message or initiating an inquiry for more information regarding our business;
- Your responses to marketing campaigns and surveys we may send to you;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Data about your usage of and interaction with our System including web form analytics and heatmapping in order to analyze our System and how it can be improved;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites;
- Your IP address and location to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience; and
- Location data to provide location specific personalization, mobile app notifications and mobile app messaging.
You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists we use to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System. You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section below. You may limit when and if Location Services will be allowed by changing settings in your browser, mobile device and app settings.
5. How is Information Used and Shared?
We collect and use information about you to provide and improve the System, the Sites and our services and products, for purposes in our legitimate interests and for compliance with applicable laws. We also collect information that is necessary for the Sites and System to work properly.
We process personal information where: (a) you have given consent to the processing, either to us or to our service providers, partners, or franchisees; (b) processing is necessary to or perform a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party; or (d) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. Some of our lawful bases for processing your information stem from our independent franchisees.
We use personal information about our users and customers for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
We may use your personal information for particular business activities, including, without limitation providing products and services to you, responding to your inquiries, processing your orders, providing you updates on the status of your orders, customer service and support, administering our rewards programs, customer feedback surveys, marketing and research, newsletters, conducting contests or giveaways, developing and displaying content tailored to your interests, reviewing your job application, processing your franchise application, providing product, promotional and other information to you, and to contact you regarding administrative notices or to solicit feedback on your experience with us.
Depending on the circumstances and the nature of the information, we may share this information with our affiliated entities, franchisees, licensees, suppliers, vendors, marketing partners, and other parties with whom we collaborate. For example, we may share personally identifiable information with franchisees or our local business partners with whom we collaborate or work with to provide specific services to you. In addition, when we use service providers, these service providers may have access to your personal information to perform contractually specified services on our behalf. For example, they may process your credit card for payment or conduct direct marketing programs on our behalf. We will not share your information with third parties for them to directly market their products to you. All financial information submitted in connection with a franchise inquiry will be kept confidential.
We may also share your personal information in any of the following circumstances: (a) in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal processes or requests, or as otherwise required by law; (b) to protect or defend our rights or property or those of our affiliates, franchisees, licensees, business partners, or others; or (c) as we, in our sole discretion, believe is appropriate under exigent circumstances in response to a perceived threat to the personal safety, property, or rights of any person or organization.
We may use your IP address and similar Site usage information to: (i) help diagnose problems with the Sites, administer and improve the Sites, and measure the use of the Sites; (ii) identify the type of web browsers used, the pages viewed, the websites from which a visitor found the Sites, and the search terms and search engines used to find the Sites; and (iii) gather other analytics information relating to use and navigation of the Sites. This information does not identify you personally. On occasion we may aggregate this data with data from other users to track overall visitor traffic and usage patterns and provide this aggregate information to vendors, business partners, or affiliates.
We may use your location information to provide location-specific personalization, mobile app notifications and mobile app messaging, to provide personalized content and advertising, to enhance your experience with the Sites, to assist us with analytics, and to improve the effectiveness of our Sites.
We may use the information in an anonymous or aggregated format that does not identify you personally, which uses might include, without limitation, to evaluate existing products, services, the Sites and the System; to evaluate or assist in the development of new products or services; research; to identify trends and changes and to allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users.
6. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on the Sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13 on the Sites, we will delete the information from our records.
7. Business Transfers
Since our databases are business assets, we may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Pizza Ranch, or its subsidiaries or divisions. You consent to the sale, assignment, or transfer of your personal information to a successor that acquires substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable. Any third party to which Pizza Ranch transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
8. Behavioral Advertising
We may also use third-party vendors to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Pizza Ranch product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Sites or another site affiliated with Pizza Ranch products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
9. How is User Information Protected?
We take the security of personal information seriously and we maintain what we believe to be reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for personal information collected in our System. However, we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or alteration or destruction of data or personal information. While we strive to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from the Sites or by email or otherwise, and you provide such information at your own risk. You acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations in computer systems and on the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Sites, including personal information, cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while such information or data is being used, transmitted, processed, or stored.
10. Privacy Rights and Requests
Depending on where you reside, you may have rights under applicable laws concerning personal information we have collected about you, which may include the right to access your personal information we have, to ask us to delete, correct, or restrict the use of your personal information, to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, to ask how we have used your personal information, and to ask whether we have shared your personal information. We will honor your rights to the extent required by us under applicable law or as we may agree to honor in our sole discretion.
All privacy requests relating to your personal information, including those related to access to, rectification of, restriction of, processing of, sharing of, or objection to the processing of your personal information, withdrawal of consent to handle your personal information, the right to be forgotten, or to opt-out of the sale of your personal information (in case our policy changes), can be submitted to us one of the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By U.S. Mail: Pizza Ranch, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Requests
204 19th Street SE
Orange City, Iowa 51041
All communications must be in the English language. Please clearly state what information you are requesting and any other requests you are making. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
We will respond to reasonable requests within the time limits established by applicable law or within a reasonable time if no time limit is established by applicable law.
If you or your authorized agent sends us an email requesting that we take action regarding your personal information or the right to be forgotten, the requesting email MUST come from the email address we have on file for you in order to verify that the request is valid and also to protect your personal information. All other requests must be made in writing or otherwise be verifiable as originating from you or your authorized agent. In order to protect your information and because people may have the same name, we will only provide or delete personal information that we can verify is associated with your particular email address or where we can reasonably identify the identity of the requestor.
For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the information you request and correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover. We reserve the right, however, to limit or deny your request to the extent permitted by applicable law if: (a) complying with the request may present a threat to the personal safety, property, or rights of any other person or organization; (b) complying with the request may lead to a violation of applicable laws or regulations; (c) we are not required to comply with the request because of a legal rule or exception; or (d) you have failed to provide us with sufficient evidence to verify your identity. We will not delete personal information if that personal information is related to an ongoing transaction. Even after a request, we may also keep personal information where necessary to comply with applicable laws or where necessary to protect a legal right or fulfill a legal obligation.
Please note that our franchisees are independent entities, and their processing of information is subject to their own privacy policies. If you wish to exercise any of these rights with respect to the processing of information by a Pizza Ranch franchisee, please visit your local independently owned and operated location to effectuate your requests, and we will work with the franchisee to address your request to the extent required by applicable law.
11. How Long We Keep Personal Information
We store the personal information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
12. Contacting Us
Pizza Ranch, Inc.
204 19th Street SE
Orange City, Iowa 51041
4870-7687-9693, v. 4