Colossians 1:9-14 gives us a great example of how to pray for someone we care about. To pray for anyone. It gives a specific list of how we can pray, in order that we “may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way.” What a powerful prayer. What a great opportunity for us to pray this over folks we know and care about.
Pray that we, and the people we pray for will:
- Bear fruit in every good work.
- Grow in the knowledge of God.
- Be strengthened with all power.
- Have great endurance and patience.
- Give joyful thanks to the Father.
- A Father who has qualified us to share in His inheritance.
- A Father who has rescued us from the dominion of darkness.
- A Father who has brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, and forgiveness of sins.
Do you know anyone who prays this over your life? Would you love it if someone did? Who will you use this to pray for?