Daniel 9:22-25 is one of the most amazing prophecies of all. The commandment to restore and rebuild the city of Jerusalem would start the countdown for the coming of the Messiah. Daniel is in prayer when the Angel Gabriel pays him a visit and tells of the very day that the Messiah would come.
Check this out:
- The prophecy to Daniel was given in 538 BC.
- The actual decree to restore and rebuild the city was given to Nehemiah 90 years later, which took place right after the new moon- placing the exact start date on March 14, 445 BC according to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
- The 70- 7 years periods then begins. And according to the prophecy, 483 years later….or 173,880 days later, the Messiah would be revealed.
- The math brings us to April 16, 32 AD…the day the prophecy was to be fulfilled.
- April 16, 32 AD is the day that Jesus our Messiah was put to death.
To believe this is all just a coincidence takes greater faith than to believe it was an actual, God-ordained event.
May HE be glorified!