Did you ever ask yourself why we have the privilege of working for a company that strives to bring glory to God and positively impact the world, and what historical events may have led to the inspiration behind the vision of Pizza Ranch? Let's take a look back into scripture for clues:
1. Perry walked us through each Old Testament book of the Bible to see how each points forward to the work of Jesus.
2. Luke then lays out a detailed account of the life and ministry of Jesus in his Gospel account.
3. Luke then continues his writing in his second book in Acts 1:8 where before his ascension into heaven, Jesus gives his disciples instructions "to receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
4. After receiving the power of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, the disciples began sharing the Good News of salvation for those who put their trust in Jesus in Jerusalem and they faced persecution from Jewish leaders like Saul.
5. In Acts 9 Saul, who was a chief persecutor of Jesus followers, met Jesus and was converted. He was renamed Paul and himself faced persecution for sharing about Jesus.
6. In Acts 13 we see that persecution has pushed Christ followers north to Antioch, where a gathering of believers were praying and fasting and seeking the Lord, when they were inspired to send Paul and Barnabas and other leaders on missionary journeys to plant churches.
7. After planting many churches, Paul, in Romans 15 lays out his plan to plant churches in Spain.
And from there the Gospel of Jesus Christ spread to the ends of the earth. Persecution again pushed believers to the New World where churches were planted in Sioux County, Iowa, where believers like Adrie were inspired to dedicate their businesses to live by Biblical principles and to bring glory to God.
We are called to Continue the Work started by our Lord and Savior, Jesus., inspired by the Holy Spirit. There is no greater call.
Photo credit: Unsplash - Samuel Mc Garrigle