It’s an election year. There’s frustration, anger, yelling, hate, finger pointing…etc. It’s been going on for a while now, and it’s getting as crazy as ever. We all have our opinions…and those opinions are important. It’s important to vote on our convictions. But we also need to calm down some and understand some truth from Scripture.
Psalm 146 in a nutshell:
- Vs 1-2: Put our trust in Him first (not a party, or a president). Every day, throughout our day
- Vs 3-4: Do not put our trust in princes (presidents), in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing
- Vs 5-6: But blessed is he who puts hope in the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them – the Lord, who remains faithful forever
- Vs 7-9: He’s the one who upholds the causes of the oppressed, gives food to the hungry, sets the prisoners free, gives sight to the blind, lifts up those who are low, loves the righteous, watches over the alien, and frustrates the ways of the wicked. And I believe He uses us to get these things done.
- Vs 10: The Lord is the one who reigns forever. He’s in charge of everything. For all generations
May we each go into the elections confident of this, that no matter which candidate wins, the good Lord still reigns. May we all calm down, treat each other with the love and respect that every person deserves. Psalm 5 says to bring our requests before Him in the morning….and then wait with anticipation to see what and how He answers.