John 10:10 gives us a glimpse of what Jesus saw as the two opposing forces that we deal with in life:
- “The thief who comes to steal, kill, and destroy.” Call it darkness, evil, sin, or Satan….but it leads to a way of Death.
- To steal our joy, time, and values.
- To kill who we are, our reputation, and relationships,
- To destroy human life, morals, and defenses.
- “I have come that they might have life.” Then there’s Jesus…who brings true life.
- A life that’s fulfilling and abundant
- A life that’s satisfying.
- A life that overflows.
Nowhere does it say our lives will be easy. It doesn’t say that business will be easy either. There will always be things that bring us down. Keep looking to the one who fills those voids in our life. Look to the one who is the true source of healing, joy, and love. Keep looking to the cross. Our hope is found in Jesus.