When I was growing up I remember hearing in Sunday School that Jesus would come back to earth to get me, and all who believe. At an early age, I believed, hoped, and had faith in what I heard. You might say that God grabbed my heart way back then. And since then, I’ve been leaning into that promise for years. I have found comfort in the fact that, although this world is hard, someday I’ll be taken up into heaven forever.
God promises to take all who believe and follow Jesus to heaven someday. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says, "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
Some other things Scripture say about the second coming:
1. Acts 1:10-11 says Jesus who was taken into heaven will come back in the same way
2. Matthew 24:42 says to keep watch, because we don’t know on what day the Lord will come
3. Revelation 3:11 says He is coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so no one will take our crown
4. John 14:2-3 says He will come again
5. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 says the dead will be raised again
6. John 5:28-29 says that the dead will live again
May we grab hold of the one who will come again. And may we all be ready for when He comes again.