When I was growing up I remember my grandpa being a man of such contentment. He had hurt his back in a farming accident as a young father, and it changed the trajectory of the life that he knew. But to my recollection, he always seemed to be full of joy. His pain never seemed to phase his attitude towards life. He never complained or made a big deal about it. He seemed to be at total peace. I believe it was a peace that can only be explained with his walk with God.
God promises peace to all who believe and follow Jesus. Psalm 29:11 says, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." It’s a peace withGod that puts an end to our separation with Him. It happens through His son Jesus. It’s the peace of God that helps us win against that inner turmoil and worry that we experience in life, by giving us and inner rest and quietness.
Some other things Scripture say about peace:
- Isaiah 9:6 says Jesus is the Prince of Peace in our life
- Isaiah 54:10 says God’s peace will not be removed from us
- John 16:33 says God’s peace will overcome trouble
- Romans 14:17 says His peace is a part of His Kingdom
- Romans 14:13 says God will give us peace that will overflow
- Galatians 5:22-23 says that peace will be one of the fruits in our lives
May we grab hold of the one true way to find peace. And may we all claim the promise of peace in our lives.