Friday Devotional – To All Who Seek
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
— 1 Corinthians 10:31
We’ve been walking slowly through the Book of Psalms, this week looking at Psalm 27. In this passage David talks about his confidence in God, his desires, and then has a bunch of requests. It sounds like what my prayers might look like sometimes.
Today we’re going to concentrate on just one verse, it will maybe seem a little strange, but let’s read it anyway. Psalm 27:8 says, “You say, “Seek My face.” My heart then said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” What does it mean to seek God’s face? Well, we learned a few weeks back that the word “seek” has a deeper meaning than we think. There’s intentional effort involved. It means to seek thoroughly; to seek so thoroughly that we beat down a path to God. Imagine a path through a gate that can’t seem to grow grass. The grass won’t grow because the path is used so much. To seek God often and for everything that we beat down a path to Him.
Here’s some things promised to all who seek God:
- That God will be found- Proverbs 8:17; Matthew 11:28-30; 2 Corinthians 15:2
- That God will hear our prayers- Psalm 145:18-20; 2 Chronicles 7:14
- That we’ll find what is sought. Our prayers will get answered- Matthew 7:7-11; Hebrews 11:6
- That we’ll be made right…righteous- Hosea 10:12; John 15:5; Psalm 24:5-6
- That we’ll be forgiven- 2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 34:4-5; Psalm 107:13-14
- That we’ll have life- Psalm 22:26; Amos 5:4-6; Psalm 69:32
- That we’ll be given hope no matter what - Lamentations 3:21-25; Isaiah 49:23
- That we’ll receive strength and goodness from God- Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 105:3-4; Ezra 8:22
- That we’ll never lack of any good thing…blessings, joy and gladness- Psalm 34:9-10; Psalm 40:16; Psalm 70:4; Matthew 6:33
- That we’ll receive discernment, understanding, wisdom and knowledge- Psalm 28:5; Proverbs 2:3-6; Proverbs 3:6
Photo by Joshua Earle on Unsplash