If I told you I was struggling with healthy habits, what would you think I'm struggling with? Automatically most people would assume I'm referencing illegal substances, poor dietary choices, or maybe lack of exercise. In reality, I'm struggling with keeping healthy spiritual habits. Praying with intentionality and meaning, deep conversations with God, daily Bible reading time, and devotions. What about you, how's your spiritual health right now?
If you're looking for ways to increase the health of your spiritual life, here are some ideas to help you get on the right path:
- Find an Accountability Partner
- Schedule time for Prayer and Devotions
- Use the God-given breaks in your day to pray: while stopped at a red light, waiting in the checkout line at the super market, while on hold for a telephone call, etc.
- Pick times that work for you: Morning, daytime, or before bed.
- You can even ask Alexa or Google Assistant to remind you!
While I work to implement the tools that best help me, I pray God guides you to the right tools at the right time that will strengthen and deepen your spiritual life as well.