Meditation is a combination of reviewing, repeating, reflecting, thinking, analyzing, feeling, and even enjoying. It is a physical, intellectual, and emotional activity.
There are many ways to meditate on God's word. Some possibilities include:
- Take time to read a verse or passage over and over.
- Begin to memorize all or part of it.
- Listen - quiet your heart to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you through God's Word.
- Consider how it fits with the rest of the Bible and life in general.
- Become emotionally involved - allow yourself to feel what God feels, His desires expressed through his words.
- Move from meditation to application - connect your thoughts to action. Consider how the truth and power of the Word of God should affect your behavior.