We are continuing our study on the Book of Acts.
Acts 1:3 says, “After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of 40 days and spoke to them about the Kingdom of God.”
How do we know that this is true? How do we know that Jesus actually walked on earth, died, arose from the dead and then walked the earth for 40 some days?
- Eyewitness Accounts
- Facts are determined by eyewitness testimony, even in our court systems today.
- The testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses is what determine the facts.
- The eyewitnesses found in the Book of Acts and other places in Scripture were threatened and even put to death by the hundreds because they would not take back their testimony.
***We were not there, we didn’t see it take place. But, we have to believe that those who wrote of him were telling the truth. And by the way, there’s way, way, WAY more written and spoken from eye witness accounts of Jesus than anyone else in early history.
2. Changed lives
- The apostles went from being not so confident, to over the top boldness as they preached the gospel.
- They showed unbelievable faith in the face of death.
- They performed miracles that people from all over the world still talk about.
- The amazing example of Paul and his transformed life (Acts 9).