Saul’s normal daily work turns into a God ordained turning point for an entire nation. Read about it in 1 Samuel 9:1-17.
God orchestrates his will through our normal day activities without us even being aware that he’s working on something. Sometimes we think that we need to figure out where it is we’re going, and work hard to get there. But, we just need to be obedient to the task before us. God will guide us where he needs us to be.
If you’re in a season where you don’t feel called to move in a different direction, then embrace the work before you and do it to the best of your ability. Don’t be in a hurry to get out of your current situation. Trust that God has a plan and a purpose even if the day before you seems trivial or mundane. Romans 8:28, “all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.”
Your current activities could already be part of the path God has designed for you to be on. Be on the lookout for where God is already moving within your current circumstances. Seek and follow, even if it doesn’t seem exciting or extravagant. Have faith in God’s plan and embrace the work before you today.
Key Points in Saul’s Journey:
- Just a normal day’s work – finding lost donkeys
- God was orchestrating both Saul, Samuel, and the servant to be in the right spot at the right time.
- Saul – no idea. Thought he was just looking for donkeys.
- Samuel – God told him specific details. This time tomorrow, man from the land of Benjamin. Then confirmed by say “That’s the man I told you about!”
- Servant - encouraged Saul to continue when he was ready to turn back. God worked through the servant to keep Saul headed in the right direction.
- Embrace the task before you and trust that it’s part of God’s larger plan.