At the Pizza Ranch Support Center, we've been working through the Book of Acts during our weekly prayer time. Last week we saw the incredible introduction of the Holy Spirit to Christians. They heard, saw, felt, and did things that were unexplainable, or so they thought. Read Acts 2 here.
The crowd was taken back, amazed, and perplexed by what they had just witnessed. They asked, "what does all this mean?"
Peter stood up to address the crowd about it and they could all clearly understand him!
- This is the fulfillment of the Old Testament scriptures that told us this would happen when the Spirit came
- The Old Testament scriptures pointed to Jesus
- There would be miracles, wonders, and signs proving Jesus' authenticity
- Jesus would be crucified, die, and be buried
- Jesus would rise from the dead
- Jesus would ascend into heaven
- Jesus would sit at the right hand of God in heaven
- Jesus IS the Savior
While Peter spoke, God's words became his words. The reaction was powerful. Acts 2:37 says, "when the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the others, what shall we do?"
Peter told them they should simply repent and be baptized.
May we be confident that the words we speak are God's words through us by the work of the Holy Spirit. May we have conversations about God and what He's done for us, using stories and examples from our own lives. Pray God will help the people we're talking with hear what He wants them to hear.