In our area the Fireman are totally voluntary which means when that pager goes off they drop everything to go and serve
- Early one Sunday at 5:30 AM, the pager goes off and a family’s house is on fire (do they stop and think should I go or not, do I feel like getting up?). It was during this fire I noticed:
- The family was not home this morning so no one was hurt
- They called in another department to aid the fireman so they could get (much needed) breaks
- When the fire was under control they were carrying furniture out, helping saving items from further damage
- Some were consoling the family
- Neighbors were sharing their houses for restrooms
- High school students were watching and learning from the others on the department
Police, Sheriff, and Highway Patrol are paid but still put their life in danger every day. The call comes in and they go to the address not aware of what they will encounter when they arrive they put their lives in danger every day!
Your mission today is to pray for those men and women who protect and care for us putting their lives on hold and in danger! Next opportunity you have please tell them thank you and how much you appreciate them and all they do!