A few years ago I kept hearing about honoring God, so I decided to do some research on what does it exactly mean to honor God. I learned quite a bit, and that there are many ways to honor God. A few of the things that I personally have worked on since learning more about this is how I treat my wife. I learned that you honor God by taking care of the things he has created and blessed you with. Marriage and children were some of those blessing. So I worked on doing more around the house, treating my wife better, working with my kids on projects etc. These are just some of the many ways you can honor God.
Other ways are:
- Honor God with your time. Psalm 144:4
- Honor God with your talents. Mathew 25:14-30
- Honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Honor God with you finances. Mathew 6:21
- Honor God with your heart. Proverbs 3:5
I encourage you all to take time and evaluate how are you honoring God and where can you strive to make positive changes. I know it has been a blessing for me to work on some of these areas.