Some people think that in order to be a Christian you need to be raised in a Christian home. Or that you need to spend days, weeks, months, even years doing "Christian service" for others. Some people think that the only way you can become a Christian is if you go to church frequently. Yet, all of those things are incorrect.
The Bible shows us just how quickly a person can become a Christian. In this example, God called a person named Saul to be a follower of Christ (i.e.: a Christian). Here is the summary of the story:
- A guy named Saul is persecuting people who are believers in Christ.
- One day he is traveling, and a bright light shined down on him from heaven.
- God blinded him, and said "why are you persecuting me?"
- God sent him to a different city, where he then became a believer in Christ.
- Saul, now going by the name Paul wrote many books of the New Testament.
- Paul (Saul) died because he was a believer in Christ.
Isn't it wild to think that in a quick instant, this man's life was changed forever? He no longer lived the life he was living. No longer believed the things he believed. He was changed into a Christian immediately and his life was never the same.