We’ve been slowly walking through the Book of Psalms, and this week we’re looking at Psalms 31:19-24. Psalms does such a great job of hitting about every topic and every emotion there is. It’s the book in my life that has been the most relatable to me over the years.
In this passage David is pointing out a bunch of reasons for us to be courageous. Ways we can be confident, even claim these throughout our lives.
8 amazing reasons to be courageous:
- God’s goodness is stored up for us. Waiting to be distributed - Verse 19
- It’s prepared and given to those who ask - Verse 19
- We will be sheltered and hidden when needed - Verse 20
- We will have protection and safety - Verse 20
- We will experience God’s love and kindness - Verse 21
- We will be heard. God will certainly hear our prayers when we call - Verse 22
- We will be preserved. God will preserve the faithful, but punish the wicked - Verse 23
- We will have strength. God will strengthen the heart of those who hope in the Lord - Verse 24
What stood out to me in this chapter is all the benefits of being a believer. When we’re in awe of God, trusting and hoping in the Lord, God’s goodness is displayed.
I pray that each of us will be courageous as we live out our callings in life.